Redwood High School Alumni
All Classes 1959 to present
WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEBSITE!
1. The first thing you need to do is Join. It's free, safe and easy to do. The minimun input is just an email and a log-in password. Once you Join you'll have access to the entire site and can receive future communication on Alumni activities, Class Reunions and more.
Click on JOIN!, then click on your year of graduation, click on your name ...and Join!
If you want more help, click on "Fiirst Time Visitors" at the top left of this page. This will take you to information on site privacy as well as more detailed instructions on how to join and use the site.
2. After you join, help spread the word by contacting ALL of your Redwood connections via Facebook, LinkedIn, websites, email, and phone calls.
3. If you wish, Update your profile with photos and stories. As the site develops, you will be able to send private messages to friends in any class.
4. Check out the profiles of friends and teachers as they are added. And add memories for those who have left us. Explore the site and let us know your suggestions via the Contact Us link.
WHY A NEW WEBSITE AND DIRECTORY?
We’ve relocated to a new platform that offers many great new features for all classes and alumni. These include:
- Free on-line access to the complete alumni directory when you join, making it easier to find fellow Alumni…But it will only work if YOU JOIN!
- Teachers’ profiles are now included so that you can locate that favorite of yours.
- Direct links that can connect you to your class websites, reunion sites and social media pages like Facebook.
- Full control of your own personal information and its access. You create it and can update it at any time, and you have the ability to limit visibility… how much or how little is up to you.
- Improved privacy. Your information is restricted to members only.
- This site is not intended to displace individual class websites or social media pages but it is the official home for all Alumni Association news and information covering all 24,000 alumni from classes 1959 to present.
REDWOOD ALUMNI SUPPORT FOUNDATION KICK OFF
The RHS Foundation recently hosted it's annual kickoff party at the Marin Mini dealership in Corte Madera on Sept 23rd. Over 400 RHS parents, staff, alumni and friends attended the free event to enjoy the food, wine, music and "Redwood Rocks" spirit. A record breaking $130,000 in pledges to the Foundations' 2014-15 campaign were received from RHS parents during the evening ...perhaps encouraged by the Alumni volunteers staffing the beer and wine bars. Seen below are Alumni bartenders: Karen Roby Barret ('63), Ric Kellen ('68), Rich Haberman ('69), Ross Gondak ('70), Louis Smith ('72) and Michelyn Russell French ('80).
'69ers VISIT SUPERBOWL CHAMPION COACH PETE CARROLL
'69ers: Pete Carroll, Lou Larsen, Don Meyer and Henry Diaz
TIME TO START PLANNING THE NEXT ROUND OF REUNIONS FOR 2015!
The Alumni Council is developing a "packet" to help organizers plan and celebrate their reunions. We have database information, and will soon have more detailed suggestions for places, costs, decorations and activities. Those of you who have recently organized a reunion will be contacted for input. Please go to our REUNION page of this website for more information.
The 2014 reunions were a huge success! Congratulations!
- JULY 26: Class of '84 30th Reunion at Wellington's Wine Bar in Sausalito
- SEPTEMBER 6: Class of '64 50th Reunion at the Spinnaker in Sausalito
- SEPTEMBER 27: Class of '94 20th reunion at Piatti's in Mill Valley
- OCTOBER 18: Class of '74 40th Reunion at Rickey's in Novato
AND STILL TO COME...
- (Friday) NOVEMBER 28: Class of '04 at Servino's in Tiburon
REDWOOD SPIRIT is alive and well! Check out this amazing video ...
LIP DUB 2014 made you Jack Bushell, graduating senior. It has gone viral with over 30,000 hits! Pass it on!
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE MADE DONATIONS!
(See list at redwoodalumni.org/givingbacktoredwood)
We have established a $2500.00 Alumni Scholarship program to be awarded annually to students who have demonstrated high potential and financial need. You can contribute any amount via check, corporate matching gift, or via a business donation using the form below, or the Redwood High School Foundation online link:
Be sure to identify yourself as an alum and your year of graduation! Why not make a contribution in honor of the teacher who made a difference in your life? We will list those teachers later this spring.
REDWOOD SCHOLARSHIP The first Alumni Scholarship of $2500 was given to Ingrid Sousa '14 who will attend UC Santa Cruz in the fall to begin her studies of medicine. Thank you to all who donated to make her dreams come true. Read more about Ingrid on the "Giving Back Page".